Monday, September 24, 2007

Newf-L Fall Challenge

Sorry for this guys....I never before have had an issue with posting the regular Challenges to the List....I have done some extra editing in the hopes that THIS time it will go through. The only thing I can figure is that having the prize amounts in currency format is causing the server to block the message so I have spelled the mounts out in words so once again I am sorry to be such a piss ant about this....let me know if you do or do not receive it.If not, whom should I contact at University of Colorado to determine what the problem might be ???*************************************************************************************************Yeah....though I'd forgotten didn't ya ??? Nope...no way would I miss the Challenges that many of you have come to enjoy....so here we go....

I love Fall...even with the leaves falling and yard messes to clean up...there is something about the crispness of the night air that tends to recharge my batteries...especially after such a long, hot and dry summer as we've had this year. I love sleeping with my windows open at night and once again hearing the crickets and other night sounds and I know the pups are enjoying the cooler weather coming up.

Of course, this also means preparing for Winter and getting the wood stove cleaned out, the chimney swept and the wood split and hauled closer to the house but all in all....Fall is such a lovely time of year. I enjoy seeing the myriad of colors in the trees on my daily drives home from work and there's always some wonderful opportunities for spectacular photographs...although...LOL...they most likely won't be coming from my camera !

Baseball season is winding down...yet gearing up for the Post Season....Hockey teams are holding training camps and FOOTBALL is in the air....

For those of you who have never participated in the Challenges here....they began almost 5 years ago when I wanted to increase my regular donations to Rescue...but also wanted it to be more fun so I decided to make it FUN for everyone.

So, for your List newcomers...here's a brief recap of the rules....such as they are.....

1) You do NOT have to be an NCA or Regional Club member to participate...just being on the List qualifies you. I am also going to be extending an invitation to the folks at Newf.Net to play along.
Past winners are invited to participate and each adult in the family may submit answers to the 2 questions posted.

One answer correct puts you in the drawing....if the winner ( drawn at random ) only had one correct...the prize donation is TWENTY FIVE dollars...but if BOTH submitted answers are correct...then the prize doubles to FIFTY dollars in addiition...the winner also receives a special prize for their dogs but you will have to go to my Blog to see what it is. www.bestdogcookies.blogspot.com

2) You may use any resource necessary to come up with the correct answers except that you may NOT ask me. If you submit an incorrect answer you will be sent an e-mail and have as many chances as you need to submit amended answers. I do try to research my questions although in the past there have been some discrepancies in my sources so I do make allowances for those.

3) The Fall Challenge commences immediately and will run through Wednesday October 3, 2007....6:00 PM CDT.

4) Please include your full name and where you are from with your answer. Please also include your choice for the recipient for the prize donation if you are drawn as the winner. You may select an NCA Regional Club Rescue, NCA Charitable Trust ( Health Challenge, NCA Rescue and Junior Showmanship Scholarship Fund ) or you may also select a Canadian Newfoundland Club Rescue programme.

5) Contest closes October 3, 2007 @ 6:00 PM CDT and the winner will be drawn shortly thereafter and announced to Newf-L and Newf.net. I will also confirm the mailing address for the winner so I can mail you your prize.

Have fun....and BATTER UP !!!!

NOTE: My source for these questions is the St Louis (MO) Post Dispatch Newspaper....

A) Other than Barry Bonds....what active MLB player has the MOST career RBI's ( Runs Batted In ) ?

B) Which player, past or present, holds the record for the most major league games played in ?

Good Luck to all....and may the best Team (aka Boston Red Sox ) win the World Series.......

No comments: